So all you lovelies can wear flower crowns and be cute
My method is very winging it style with no exact science, but figured I would share on my Tumblr since I already typed it all out for a friend
- I get about 2 yards of fabric to make pleats 1 1/2 in. and my waist is 35 in or so and it’s too big for me, so figure out what you have. Making it bigger is easier imo in the long run
- I measure up from the fold the length I want for the skirt (minus the 2 in or so for the waist band) so I don’t have to hem anything to make the bottom pretty
- cut that bitch to that length you figured out
- Iron that bitch out flaaat.
- Sit there and make the damn pleats. Get something to measure. It’s best to go one pleat at a time to make sure they’re super even. I measure 1 1/2 in and then pin it, then measure another 1 1/2 and pin it. Fold the fabric so the pins line up. You should have 1 1/2 in of fabric on top of 1 1/2 in of fabric! Hey first pleat!
- Iron it like crazy
- Pin the bottom of the pleat and the bottom of the pleat to keep it in place
- Repeat 5-7 until you have all your pleats
- Baste stitch along the top to keep the pleats in place.
- I like to stitch the inside pleats to help keep the shape (pic 1. The top layer is what it looks like on the outside, bottom layer what it looks like on the inside with the stitches along the inside of the pleats)
- Another helpful thing to keep the shape of the pleats is to top stitch an inch or two down the pleat at the waist (pic 2 & 3) If you did both 10 & 11 the inside should look like the unnumbered picture in the inside of the skirt (minus waist band and all so far)
- Since I didn’t have any science to the size and stuff, I figured out the actual size of the skirt that it needs to be to fit me. It works best to hide your seam and zipper if you can find a meeting of two pleats that fits your waist
- I cut the inside of the pleat to make the seam so it hides and put the zipper in there and since I cut the inside of the pleat, hey the top pleat is still there and hides it! (pic 4 & 5)
- do yo waist band
- eeeeeeey knife pleat skirt!
***OH YEAH IRON ALL THE DAMN TIME. Like after every step just iron just iron everything and when you’re done starch it and iron it more just iron the hell out of it without burning it and all
Foam and Worbla armour MEGA TUTORIAL
Tutorial by AmenoKitarou
Super duper awesome and helpful! I am totally going to try this out for my Garrosh cosplay.
YEAH GONNA NEED THIS FOR SYLVANAS HELLA
How to Scramble Eggs with Gordon Ramsay
1. he seems like a chill mofo to hang with
2. what the hell have i been eating my entire life
Can I make this for someone?! :o I really wanna try this but I don’t really like eggs…
this is so beautifully simple and extravagant i think i might cry about it.
I LOVE THIS CLASSY ASSHOLE
Somebody asked for it to be rebloggable uwu
EDIT: DON’T PUT IN SO MANY SPONGES THAT IT’S A LITERAL HELMET OK BECAUSE THEN YOU’LL GET REALLY HOT REALLY FAST LIKE GET SOME AIR MOVEMENT UP IN THIS BITCH
This can actually be used for someone like Canti from FLCL or Retro from Dead Leaves
Strawberry and cream “illusion” jelly.
Waterspotted Nails Tutorial for Nail It Magazine
OHHHH MY GODRoz nails
I have a need